Personal Digital Archiving Day Kit
Suggested Handouts and Videos
Personal Digital Archiving Handouts and Videos
These "how-to" tips and guidance have been developed based on questions and comments from attendees at our personal archiving events. While not intended to be comprehensive on every format listed below, they may offer individuals additional information regarding a specific personal digital information archiving project.
Please see our additional resources page for updated web resources that may assist your patrons in their search.
- Digital Photographs Guidance (PDF, 213 Kb)
- How to Transfer Photos from Your Camera to Your Computer (PDF, 213 Kb)
- Archiving Digital Photos (Watch video / Download 69 MB)
- Adding Descriptions to Digital Photos: Your Gift to the Future (Watch video / Download 32 MB)
- Digital Video Guidance (PDF, 291 Kb)
- How to Transfer Video from Tape, DVD or Camera to Your Computer (PDF, 242 KB)
Personal Digital Records
- Personal Digital Records (PDF, 246 Kb)
Storage and Media Guidance
These "how-to" handouts are about general topic. They are intended to assist you at high-level with technical considerations you may encounter.
- How to Scan Your Personal Collections (PDF, 78 KB)
- How Long Will Digital Storage Media Last? (PDF, 83 KB)
Here are a selection of videos illustrating why digital preservation is important.
- Why Digital Preservation is Important for You (Watch video / Download 57 MB)
- Why Digital Preservation is Important for Everyone (Watch video / Download 127 MB)
- Bridging Physical and Digital Preservation (Watch video / Download 38 MB)