May 16, 2011 -- The National Digital Stewardship Alliance, an initiative of the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program, has announced the election of its initial nine-member Coordinating Committee.
The NDSA Coordinating Committee is dedicated to the advancement of NDSA activities, and helps the NDSA Working Groups articulate a long-term, strategic vision for the Alliance. Committee members represent the various communities that make up the NDSA, and the initial members serve in staggered appointments of one, two or three years through December 31, 2013.
The mission of the NDSA is to establish, maintain and promote the capacity to preserve our nation's digital resources for the benefit of present and future generations. The NDSA is growing, and participation is open to all members of the digital preservation community.
The Inaugural NDSA Coordinating Committee
- Micah Altman, Harvard University, term ends 2013
- G. Sayeed Choudhury, Johns Hopkins University, The Sheridan Libraries, term ends 2011
- Tyler Walters, Educopia, term ends 2013
- Gene Mopsik, American Society of Media Photographers, term ends 2012
- John Spencer, BMS/Chace, term ends 2011
- Blane Dessy, Federal Library and Information Center Committee (FLICC), term ends 2013
- Michele Kimpton, DuraSpace, term ends 2012
- Amy Kirchhoff, Portico, term ends 2011
- Glen Cook, Alaska Division of Libraries, Archives & Museums, term ends 2012