April 25th, 2013 2:00-4:00pm EST
This class introduces preservation metadata as the information you need to know to preserve digital assets over the long term. It reviews the background and context for preservation metadata, the efforts to establish a standard for this information, the PREMIS data model, and how to get started in establishing the infrastructure for preservation metadata.
- Define what preservation metadata is and how it relates to and overlaps with other metadata types
- Outline the goals of preservation metadata
- Understand the types of entities that are covered and how they relate to each other
- Review the history of the development of PREMIS
- Gain a basic understanding of the implementation models
|Audience Category:||Practitioners in digital preservation loooking to implement PREMIS|
|Sponsored by:||National Endowment for the Humanities|
This information is provided as a convenience for informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of Congress.