May 6-7th, 2013
With the development of an advanced knowledge-based society, digital curation is becoming a central challenge and activity for libraries, archives, museums and other cultural organizations. The need for skilled professionals to manage digital collections is evident in Europe and internationally, yet there are limited numbers of institutions currently offering professional training and education programmes to prepare individuals to work in the field.
The objective of the conference is to promote discussion and consensus building amongst stakeholders about the main criteria and requirements necessary to develop training courses for professionals in digital curation in the cultural heritage sector. Results from projects and initiatives actively involved in education, training and professional development in the field of digital curation and digital preservation will be presented and discussed.
The audience will include policy makers, educators, representatives from institutions involved in vocational training in digital curation, and representatives from professional associations in the cultural heritage and digital libraries sectors.
Call for contributions We invite contributions on concrete examples of training initiatives and educational programmes in digital curation, illustrating approaches, methodologies, and success stories of training addressed to an increasingly qualified workforce of the library, archive, museum and cultural heritage sectors.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- lifelong learning in digital curation
- current trends and initiatives in digital curation education
- existing opportunities for professionals
- training the trainers
- approaches and methodologies
- best practices
- sustainability of training initiatives
- multimodal methods of learning
- opportunities and challenges in developing a training curriculum
- examination of digital curation/preservation training frameworks (e. g. DigCurV Curriculum Framework)
- Submission Deadline: Feburary 7th, 2013
- Acceptance Notification: February 15, 2013
- Final version submission: March 15, 2013
- Conference: May 6-7, 2013
- Post-proceedings Publication: June 30, 2013
|Course Format:||On site|
|Address:||Sala Verde Banca CR Firenze Via De' Pucci 11 Firenze|
|Audience Category:||Policy makers, Educational Researchers, ALM professionals, Digital file curators both public and private|
|Sponsored by:||The EU and Education and Culture DG|
This information is provided as a convenience for informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of Congress.